Monday, August 8, 2011

This Is Such A Wonderful Day!



NPR exposed me and my husband to My Morning Jacket and we bought their album, Circuital recently. We haven't been able to stop listening to the album! I play it whenever I drive and it's totally appropriate to play around children. This song is so beautiful. It comes to mind thinking about G at the pool yesterday. We arrived at our beach house Saturday and went to the beach Sunday. G was not happy at the beach after she got covered in sand. We rinsed her off in the outdoor shower at the house and went to our development's pool. She was more than thrilled. She put her hands together in a prayer formation and pointed them towards the water while standing on the stairs and jumped up and down exclaiming, "This is such a wonderful day! This is such a wonderful vacation!" to no one in particular. Of course a couple hours later she was throwing a fit in the shower about washing her hair. Still, I will hold onto the memory of the glee at the pool and try to suppress the screaming banshee she so often becomes.

No comments: