Saturday, August 20, 2011

Baker

 I used Arrowhead Mill's Gluten Free All-purpose Baking Mix today to make Basic Bread, Blueberry muffins and Raspberry/Blueberry Pancakes. The bread recipe came from the back of the box. I used Egg-replacer and it was a very dense small loaf of bread made in a loaf pan. It was very crumbly, so I did as the box suggested and sliced it as soon as it cooled and froze the slices to put in the toaster later. I kept some fresh to have with dinner this evening which was just a thrown-together soup of carrots, potatoes, onion and rice noodles. G actually liked the homemade bread. The blueberry muffins turned out too salty. The mix already has sea salt in it, but I still added the 1/8 tsp of salt called for in the recipe from babycakes. I won't do that, again. The muffins were also quite crumbly. I was glad I used liners in the pan. The pancakes were from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan cook book and incorporate some corn flour. I only had one pancake because it broke when I put it on the cooling rack and it was DELICIOUS with maple syrup. I froze the rest to heat up in the oven or toaster. I'm going to make waffles to freeze as well. I also have Bob's Redmill baking flour to try and then I have Amaranth and Garbanzo bean flour to mix 60/30 to use for baking. I love this experimenting. It reminds me of when I first started baking vegan... 5 years ago!

No comments: