Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Delay makes for Juice Day

With the two hour delay this morning, and a wonderful husband who cleaned off my car, I had extra time to juice and to even clean the juicer right away! I made a green lemonade, added filtered water and left for school with three mason jars full of green goodness. I drank one simultaneously with my coffee at 10 AM. Then I had another around 1 PM and another when I got home at 4:30 PM. I had brought an avocado and a Lara bar with me planning to remain completely raw, but I just kept drinking juice and never felt like eating. I was busy grading and supervising students through the morning and then organized lesson plan binders and paper work through the afternoon. I helped the new after school elementary art teacher with her first class this afternoon, then got the kids and came home.

For dinner I had something that is not recommended on an alkalizing or detoxing diet: dairy and wheat. I had homemade mac n cheese left over, so I heated it up with a little extra almond milk and shredded cheese. Then I added baby spinach and soft goat cheese. There was a LOT of spinach in mine and it filled me up fast. After I ate it I had phlegm in my throat. Darn dairy. At least I put it in my digestive system when it had been resting easy all day just taking in all the good nutrients from green juice.

I am very tempted to eat cheese, especially when it's in the house! When I don't have it, I don't eat it. That's how I stopped eating so many sweets years ago. I just didn't buy Oreos when I was at the store, though I wanted to, and then I didn't have any Oreos to eat. I'm very good at telling myself "No" at the grocery store, but once I'm home I'm just gonna have it. I know this about myself. It's very difficult at this time to be nondairy because Will loves cheese and keeps buying it. I keep discussing things I read about eating an alkaline diet and he's taken some of the information into action. He cut WAY back on meat consumption. Basically, if he doesn't buy it, he doesn't eat it and he doesn't buy much of it. Meat used to be a regular on our dinner table. I'm very happy he's made this change. Now if I could just keep dairy out of the house we'd all be in better shape (digestively).

At this time in the evening I'm very satisfied with what I've had to eat/drink today. I had two small squares of nondairy dark chocolate after dinner. It's cold, so I'm going to have some herbal tea with a agave. Oh, funny story. The first time I said "agave" out loud I pronounced it ah-gave. I said it to the cashier at a health food store. Real smart, huh. Prior to that I'd only read about it, so I didn't know. But, once I heard it pronounced correctly I was like, DUH! So I don't plan on eating anything else, but I may have a bowl of cereal later. I'm not going to have any more protein food today since I already miscombined at dinner. I'll just stick with the carbs and satisfy my desire for them this evening.

Maybe we'll even have another delay tomorrow and I can make a bunch of juice again.

This morning's juice:
1 bunch celery, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 head of Romaine, 7 stalks kale, 3 lemons, 1 apple
The juice was a beautiful light green, almost fluorescent. Simply beautiful. I also sprinkled a little stevia in each mason jar. It was very much like lemonade, as it's supposed to be.

No comments: