Monday, November 8, 2010

Green cookies?

I made Dreena's Peanut Better Cookies recently, but used Sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter. Guess what happened. They are green inside! It's not noticeable on the outside, but inside the crumbly, yummy texture is a green hue. My mom noticed it and asked if I'd put spinach in the cookies. She certainly wouldn't put it past me to do something like that, but I did not (this time). We all (Dreena included) think it's probably something reacting with the sunflower seed butter. My sister has made the exact same cookies using the exact same substitutions I did and didn't have that happen. Whatever, they are still delicious and I highly recommend the recipe with ANY type of nut butter. I also added non-dairy chocolate chips this time which is an unbelievable combination... well, maybe not unbelievable, but way better than any Reece's Peanut Butter cup. Sorry no picture. I'm too lazy! haha I am tired. It's only Monday and it was a pretty good Monday, but Will and I did extra cleaning that I don't normally do on a school night. We wanted to change our family room around because we're getting a new TV tomorrow and wanted to separate the TV area from the girl's play area. That meant moving furniture and vacuuming, so, yeah, I'm pretty tired. I could go for a cookie, though! If only I hadn't already brushed my teeth!

No comments: