Saturday, October 9, 2010

Three things to say

Today I did something I've always wanted to do: Teach a class at a library! Woohoo! I work for Young Rembrandts, which is a national drawing program for kids preschool through eigth grade. I teach after school lessons two days a week at my kid's school and now I get to teach Saturday library classes when they are in my area. I had eleven kids and two moms participate today. They were between second and ninth grade and we did a cartoon. They all did very well and were wonderful, respectful students. It's nice, because all of them were legitimately interested in drawing and enjoy drawing, so they paid attention well. I had a lot of fun and am looking forward to doing it next Saturday as well with a different lesson.



The girls are with my sister today, so neither came to the drawing lesson. My sister and her husband took them to a pumpkin farm where they could do a hay ride and a corn maze. They are keeping them over night so Will and I can go out with friends of ours! Woohoo! (Can you tell I'm in a good mood today?) Anyway, we'll be dining out later this evening and then we get to....wait for it..... drum roll.... SLEEP IN!!!!! Seriously. We have early morning soccer every Saturday, so Sunday is the only day we get to sleep in and then it's only till 8am because we have church at 10 and the girls still get up by 6:30 anyway. But not tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be a most wonderful morning of sleep ahhhhh.... I'm almost looking forward to that as much as I am looking forward to going out. Ha! I'm sure other parents feel me. Hm. Can I pull that off? The teenagers I work with put these phrases in my head and well, they come out sometimes, but it sounds weird, dude.



Alright, man, to wrap up this post, I have one more thing to say: I Heart boobies is an annoying campaign and I can't stand it. If breast cancer and any other type of cancer awareness actually wanted people to survive and heal they'd put out information on eating a plant-based diet. Wake-up, America! Milk and rare steak are food for cancer cells, not healthy cells.

And that is all.

No comments: