Monday, October 11, 2010

Bye, bye dairy

If my daughter can go through life not ingesting dairy, I can do it, too. I gave it up once for her and it ended up being awesome for me, too. For the past few years not drinking milk has been enough of a change for my body that I've seen improvements. However, when I ingest cheese I see and feel the side effects. I get phlegm in my throat and reflux over night (and that's on Prevacid daily). I highly enjoy cheese and eating dairy makes eating out vegetarian-style super easy. I'm not looking for a challenge, but I am looking to heal my body. Here's the state of things: I have adult acne that flares up from time to time; I have reflux that has improved with the vegetarian diet, but still requires daily medication and sometimes still breaks through over night; I have atopic dermatitis, also known as eczema, which has recently flared up on my finger tips and can be painful; and I have seborrhea dermatitis on my scalp--this isn't just dandruff, it's itchy, scaly skin much like eczema--and while it is somewhat diminished with medicated foam, it flares up terribly sometimes. Right now ALL of it is flaring and I can't take it anymore! I KNOW these are not symptoms to be covered up with creams and pills, they are signs that my insides are not happy, that there is inflammation inside my body that is showing itself on the outside as well. I know what I have to do. I have to cut out dairy and be completely vegan and I need to eat alkalizing foods to clear my acidic system. It's time for another book! Oh how I love getting new books to read and this is one I've been needing to get for a long time. I have three to choose from: The pH Miracle, The Ultimate pH Solution, The Acid-Alkaline Diet. Basically, I'll just see what my library has and go from there. I mark today, October 11th, the day I move my body forward into better health by finally, FINALLY, going vegan. I KNOW I CAN DO IT!

No comments: