Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Harvest Moon

On this night of the Harvest Moon I am quite sure everything has changed. The optimism of a wonderful new school year. The hope that my energy would remain high and my food consumption good to allow high energy. Things are not always as I wish. This, the third week of school has been the week in which I realize I need to remember the following slogan: "Don't take it personally!" I can remain optimistic and continue to have high expectations of my students and myself. I can make good food choices and sometimes I will make poor food choices (and not really care all that much). However, I cannot change how people behave. I need to remember my mantra and not let it affect me. Unfortunately, I let it affect me the last couple days and have felt this slight pressure of stress pushing down on me. If I don't shake it off it will only get worse. Simply in saying this I am de-stressing. Life has many unbloggable events and the details of work stress is one of them. Still, I can honestly say, I love my job. I love teaching art, working with student artists, exploring art history. The grading.... eh, not the best part of the job, but a necessary one. The actual teaching and guiding and interaction with students is the part that is worth it.

1 comment:

LobotoME said...

Hi Lauren! Thanks for your comment on my CSL post this past week! Hope you have a great week!