Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back in the swing

We just wrapped up our first week back in school. Other than a quick meet and greet with my homeroom students Monday, I only taught two days of classes. Wednesday we actually got out of school early because of the heat, which was good because our school is not air conditioned except the library and cafeteria. I thought it was hot last spring, but it was nothing compared to now!

I'm off to a decent start. I have most of my classes pretty well planned out. I have a lot of new students (new to me, not necessarily new to the school). Some kids take multiple classes with me, but I'm still learning who those students are as I try to learn names.

The girls had a good week and are happy going and leaving school, but in the evening they get tired and cranky, especially G. She actually had homework two days, while S, has not had any. She does, however, still have summer homework to finish this weekend! Good thing we have four days off.

An old friend is visiting this weekend all the way from California. We are about out of food, so I'll need to plan a nice dinner for us before I go shopping tomorrow. If it's worth sharing, I will. I'm off to scan the vegan blogs for ideas!

No comments: