Monday, August 30, 2010

On this first day of kindergarten

My youngest started kindergarten today. She had a half day and is excited to have a full day tomorrow. She was very eager to get to school and was fine when I left her in the classroom. I, however, was not fine. After I walked out the classroom door I looked back and saw the back of her head in the middle of the room. She was not looking after me and it was apparent she was no longer just my baby, she was now someone's student. My eyes welled up with tears as I walked out of the building. I held it together because I had to focus on preparing for my own students. After a full day I came home exhausted and threw together the following for dinner:


Sweet potato samosas, recipe from You Won't Believe It's Vegan, however, I had only one sweet potato left, so I just eyeballed the ingredients rather than measuring. I freakin love curry! Stir-fry: tofu marinated according to Your Vegan Mom's "House Tofu," yellow squash, broccoli, portabello mushrooms. YUM. G had thirds of this dinner.
I'm off to a good start this school year with following through with good dinners. I even got all the dishes washed.

No comments: