Monday, August 16, 2010

Great conversation

There is a great conversation going over at Eat, Drink and Be Vegan. The post about the freedom of being vegan is exactly what I was trying to convey a few days ago to the teachers. Being vegan is freeing in there not being sanitation worries as there are with meat and eggs. It's also freeing in that it forces you to think outside the box and explore new foods. I had never heard of Nutritional Yeast or Egg Replacer before I needed to "substitute." Being vegan doesn't only omit animal products, it greatly adds a variety of foods.

BTW, I've been vegan the past two weeks until tonight. I went to a social function and had conventional desserts. :( BUT they had brownies and my favorite: homemade TASTY CAKES! YUM! That's really my downfall: social situations. When I go to a BBQ, I have the coleslaw made with mayo. I have the desserts. Oh well.... still on the journey.

No comments: