Friday, August 13, 2010

Favorite Kid Shows

When I was a kid I watched:
1. Sesame Street
2. Pinwheel
3. Today's Special
4. Popples
5. Kids Incorporated
6. The Smurfs
7. The Littles
8. The Snorks
9. The Noozles--I can never find anyone who remembers this show except my sister who watched it with me.
10. Rainbow Bright
11. David the Gnome
12. Hey Dude
14. Full House
13. Family Matters
14. Small Wonder
15. Pound Puppies
16. Belle and Sebastian
17. The Little Prince
18. My Little Pony
19. Shirt Tales--Since I just found the name of this show recently, in describing to people a bunch of little animals who live in a big tree, no one knew what I was talking about.
20. Fraggle Rock
21. Maple Town--I have a bunch of these little toys (all animals) and my girls love to play with them now.
22. Fluppy Dogs--Another show I couldn't remember the title of.
And then there's this obscure TV Special: The Hugga Bunch. There are clips on You Tube. WTF! I was three years old, but I've remembered the plot very well because it had a huge impact on me. It was the start of my "getting into movies." I see it in S, as well. We become very enthralled, physically reacting to the movie. At the end of the Hugga Bunch I sobbed uncontrollably. I remember standing in the doorway to the TV room off the kitchen with my parents on either side of me begging me to tell them what was wrong. My dad said, "You won't be allowed to watch movies like this anymore if you don't tell us." haha! Of course, in my memory the girl seemed older. She's so well spoken, though only about 6 or 7 years old. To a 3 year old that's a big kid! I watched the ending on You Tube and it's completely cheesy. Maybe I never did watch the ending because I started crying before seeing the "happily ever after" conclusion. I wonder...
If you want to find shows you remember (not all kids show, either) check out: Retrojunk.com

No comments: