Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Food Blog Summer 2010 Edition: Mung Bean Sprouts

I'd bought the bag of Mung Bean Sprouts spontaneously. It turned out no one really cared for them in this dish. The proportion wasn't right. Maybe if there'd been 1/3 the amount of mung beans so the kale would have the larger percentage it'd been better. G said "I don't like these noodle things."
In the Rice Wrappers the mixture was good. I baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The girls were thrilled with their crispiness, but when it came to chowing down on them, G didn't live up to my expectations. She only ate 1/2. It may have been those noodle things, though.

It looks pretty. Onion, garlic, shredded carrot, kale, mung beans, salt, pepper, ginger, lemon juice. I toasted bread and ate it on top like an open face sandwich.
Maybe eating the bread last night wasn't such a good idea, because all I wanted for breakfast was toast! Ha! Oh well. One not so great eating day after a great one... all in balance.

No comments: