Friday, July 23, 2010

Eating Better

Another cleansing day. Even after putting my frozen green juice in the fridge before bed it was too frozen to drink this morning. I put it in a bowl of warm water, changing the water once and after a while it was good to go. While I waited I still had my one (small) cup of coffee. I drank the juice throughout the morning up to lunch along with hot green tea.
Lunch: Half a yellow pepper, hummus, salsa, organic blue corn tortilla chips. This is not raw, but pretty neutral as lunches go. Kids had the same thing minus the salsa.
Snack: Green tea, Half an apple; 3 pieces chocolate--I couldn't resist!
I'll probably be hungry again in a couple hours and it'll be getting close to dinner time then, so I plan on having a salad before dinner.
Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with nutritional yeast, roasted veggies--both from yesterday.

It's difficult to eat better, but I want to feel lighter and more energized like I have in the past. I'm also getting up earlier and earlier. I've been sleeping in all summer... embarrassingly late some days! So, I'll have more day to get through now, but that means more day to enjoy as well. I did some school planning, so I feel really good about at least ONE class. Ha!

Sad news: One of my favorite blogs, Green and Crunchy, is shutting down. Too bad.

On the other hand, Kris Carr has been very inspirational with her latest vlogs about alkaline diet, so I'm keeping that in mind as I choose my foods. I need to read more about it.


No comments: