Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kids say the best things! (sometimes)

I've been catching up on my blog reading (listed to the side), especially Crazy Sexy Life and Kristin's Raw. Both are full of so much information. I'm feeling really encouraged to keep the focus on raw fruits and veggies. I also checked out Raw Mom and enjoyed hearing an interview with a 10 year old girl. She spoke very well and talked about what it's like having a raw mom and what foods she really enjoys, one being a juicy hamburger! haha! S (7 years old) had a cheeseburger at my school picnic the other day and she said it was the best lunch she'd ever had! Truthfully she says that about a lot of meals including my vegan concoctions. She just really enjoys good food. S also thanked me recently for providing her with information about good foods and for learning so much about eating healthfully. Aww, she was so sincere and sweet. G (4 years old) saw the juicer my husband has been using and told me she wants a green juice because it's her "absolute favorite!" How great is that? S has not been won over by juices or smoothies. She prefers to EAT her food than drink it. But G will chug down a green lemonade and ask for seconds. I'm so grateful my kids actually try foods and eat good fruits and veggies. They make me so happy.

No comments: