Thursday, April 22, 2010

Smoothie Cravings


Every morning when the alarm goes off I picture cream pouring into steaming hot coffee. Then I usually picture toast with butter or a fried egg or a waffle. Eventually I get out of bed and get that cup of coffee. Then I have a mental struggle over whether or not to eat what I'm craving. Through the winter I ate lots of buttered toast for breakfast. It was a vegan breakfast (except for the damn cream in the coffee I can't get away from!). Since spring sprung I've been able to convince myself to make smoothies. And recently the second thought every morning after I picture my coffee is a smoothie! So I've been making smoothies either the night before or in the morning and I've felt really great all morning. I've not been as hungry when lunch time rolls around. And I don't feel as bloated, which of course you wanted to know.


My smoothies consist of some kind of milk (almond, rice or coconut), some frozen fruit (strawberries, pineapple, mango, peach), some fresh fruit (banana, strawberry, pineapple--whatever we have), a tbs of hemp seed powder, and maybe some greens. Today's smoothie was a beautiful bright pink color because it had fresh strawberries and pineapple.
Disclaimer--that's not my smoothie, just one I found online, but it looks like mine.

No comments: