Friday, January 1, 2010

Twenty Ten

When I started teaching I made my blog private. I have since edited out some pictures and have opened it back up. I want to share that I am having a great time teaching at my new job. When we go back from holiday break we'll be finishing up the first semester and in two weeks will get to start a new semester. I am very excited to actually start a new semester from the beginning and implement my own syllabus and lesson plans. It's going to be a lot of work and I'm constantly thinking about what I want to change for next year. Overall, the school is a great fit for me and I'm very thankful to have the job.

S, who is now SEVEN, is less excited about her new school. Her teacher is very strict and the classroom atmosphere of seriousness has made it more difficult for her to make friends like she did at the public school she attended prior. She also has a little tattletale who is not a fan of hers so if she makes even the slightest mistake the little brat tells on her. Basically it's a little bullying, so I'm listening when she tells me and I've just told her to be honest with any teachers the girl is tattling to. S hasn't gotten in trouble because of the girl, but it's hurtful to her. If it picks up again when we return I'm going to have to talk to her teacher.

G has a great day care center to attend, but also gets upset about having to go. She doesn't like nap, which is 2.5 hours long! It's pretty ridiculous considering she hasn't napped regularly for over two years. But, with getting up and out of the house so early the nap has worked out well for her. We've actually been able to get both kids to nap many days over the long break. G has two teachers and prefers one over the other I think because she was the one she started her first days with.

The 45 minute drive was really getting to us all before the Christmas break. G was having more bad drives than good ones. Bad= crying, whining, fighting with her sister, kicking the seat infront of her, etc. I'm going to get a book on tape to play so hopefully that'll help.

We're still with my parents and had a nice Christmas and New Years together. We actually stayed up to welcome in the New Year, something I haven't done for a while. We have our sights set on moving out in six months when school is out. I'm looking at doing a different summer camp with the kids. We're looking forward to good year ahead.

No comments: