Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy '11

New Year's Survey
1. How did you ring in the new year for 2010?
Will and I were living at my parents and stayed up with them. I watched TV with mom and dad. Will played video games until it got close to midnight, then we toasted.

2. Who did you kiss at midnight 2010?
Will, of course.

3. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Went to a high school graduation of kids that I'd taught!

4. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not make a resolution last year. I feel like my birthday is a better more motivated time for making life changes. I just try to make it through the winter.

5. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, but I haven't spoken to that person since then and she lives far away and it makes me sad.

6. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but a student from my school did and that was incredibly sad for the community.

7. What countries did you visit?
Never left the states.

8. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More energy. and a chiropractor.

9. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 27--sister and BIL's wedding--woohoo!
May--moved--first home completely on our own
July--Shared birthday with daughter who no longer wants to share it with me!

10. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Started teaching in a delicate situation, but made the absolute best of it and ended the school year successfully.

11. What was your biggest failure?
Any time I was impatient with my kids and husband.

12. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Seasonal affective disorder got bad enough to require medication

13. What was the best thing you bought?
very comfy jeans from the thrift store

14. Whose events required celebration?
Weddings, birthdays, Christmas

15. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Homophobes

16. Where did most of your money go?
Living expenses.

17. What did you get really, really, really excited about?:
My house!

18. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Anything Regina Spektor... on the radio uh oh!

Are you:
a) Happier or sadder?
Happier!

b) Thinner or fatter?
Fatter... that's what carbs and 1.5 years away from the gym will do

c) Richer or poorer?
Richer in the most important way: financially. Just kidding. It's great living near family again!

19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Playing games with my kids.

20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Bitching

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, with a school.

22. How many one-night stands?
Looks like this is geared to the young and the single (or swingers of any age).

23. How many people did you kiss?
Oh gosh, three people daily, a few others on occasion.

24. What was your favourite TV program?
The Office, Parks and Rec, Community

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?:
No, I don't hate anyone. Period.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveler's Wife

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Yeah, I don't really have time for that these days. But I did listen to a lot of Pandora, and thumbs- upped every Regina Spektor I heard.

28. What did you want and get?
A row-house with hard wood floors, a finished basement, three bedrooms and 1.5 baths! YAY!

29. What did you want and not get?
To join a pool.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Eh, I watch so many movies through Netflix, but don't really follow the movies of the year.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I believe my age on here is anonymous. Don't want to give too many clues, you know. But, I had all family over for my birthday because it's also my youngest daughter's birthday and she turned 5. I turned a very nice age. Have I said it in this blog? I'll have to do a search.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Wow, I'm extremely satisfied with the past year.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Wear jeans as often as possible and be comfortable even if in slacks.

34. What kept you sane?
In all seriously, I lost my shit last winter. So, Zoloft. Zoloft kept me sane. This year I'm hoping exercise keeps me even more sane.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Michele and Barack Obama

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obamacare... I want it soooo bad!

37. Who do you miss?
My grandmother. My babies as actual babies.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hm, having moved in '09, I met more new people that year. But, I love meeting new students.

39. Who were your closest friends in 2010?
Hubby, sister, mother.

40. What are you doing to ring in 2011?
Hanging at home with my family. Then New Year's day at my parents.

41. Who do you plan on kissing to ring in 2011?
Will and any child still awake. Heck, even if they aren't awake, they're gettin' kissed! Ha!

42. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY!

No comments: