Monday, October 26, 2009

First Day Conquered

My girls and I have completed our first day at our new schools. The kids are in bed, though not asleep, now at 6:30pm. They were up at 5:30, I was up at 5am. We drove to school in the dark. I'm looking forward to the time change so it's light out when we're leaving at 6. I was just so stressed and tired this morning. Even with all the prep that was done the night before I couldn't have gotten us out the door in time without Will's help. G started crying right off the bat having been woken up so early.

Right now my brain feels fried. It's not really a headache, but a brainache. Mostly the front part of my brain feels overworked, like it's still trying to sort and store all the info I took in today: names, faces, classes, schedules, materials, lessons, projects, school layout, policies, procedures....

I'm still not done. Now I get to look over my plans. I need to put together a quiz probably.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Its called stress and anxiety.