Friday, March 20, 2009

Laundry Lamentings

Last weekend my worst laundry nightmare happened: a blue crayon got washed with S's clothes and melted in the washer. Most of it melted to the side of the lint trap, but a few pieces of clothes were stained and after multiple soakings and washings didn't get cleaned. As for the dryer I took the door off and scrubbed that with comet because it was smudged blue. I took the lint filter apart and scrubbed the inside of the dryer with a magic eraser and then comet and a plastic scouring pad. Fortunately, all the crayon came off. We tested with some old white t-shirts before putting other clothes in the dryer.

Today was G's turn to give me a laundry issue by leaving a pull-up in one of her pajama pants and putting it in her hamper. As I started pulling clothes out of the washer I thought maybe a tissue had gotten washed, though I didn't remember putting in any sweater or jacket with a pocket. Then as I kept pulling I saw all the little absorbent clear stuff that gets everywhere when a saturated diaper or pull-up gets torn apart by, say a dog, or a washing machine! Basically the pull-up was so disintegrated all that was left was fuzz on the clothes. So back through the wash that load is going. Hopefully it will all be gone when it's done.

No comments: