Saturday, March 14, 2009

I've fallen off the wagon

I've had beef and gyro meat, oh no. Don't mock me. I've abstained from such products for nearly 6 months. I never thought I'd eat red meat again, but I caved when other family members had it and took part. Oh well, back on again. Just jump in where you left off. I also had pizza a couple times and then bought a block of organic cheese and after a couple weeks of eating all this dairy and meat, I awoke to a terrible headache and nausea Thursday and was completely constipated. I juice fasted until a nice dinner of cooked sushi rolls and miso soup. Very nice. I felt better after that. I guess I needed to proove to myself once again that dairy makes me sick and meat constipates me. So, back to the green juice, smoothies, and salads. I'll thank myself in a week when I'm back to normal--the NEW normal of feeling good and healthy digestively.

2 comments:

mommaladybug said...

So, when did you become vegetarian? I never remember you being a veggie in high school. Of course, that was 10 (gasp!) years ago!

Lauren said...

I'm not veggie, but mostly. I was somewhat veggie leaning in HS, but never went all the way. The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose has helped me change my diet, but I still eat poultry and seafood. Looking back, the headache may be linked to Nexium, which is a new drug for me, so I may be switching to something else.