Friday, March 20, 2009

Doing Detox

So my first day back on the Detox Diet has not gone well. I had pizza for lunch. It was just too difficult to resist when Will made a frozen Di journo. It was much easier in the fall when I was at school teaching during the day and had no choice but to eat the food I packed. I did well in the morning having a Green Lemonade (romaine, celery, lemon, apple--juiced) first thing and then a banana later in the morning. Of course after eating the pizza I had a lot of phlegm in the back of my throat. I got out Natalia Rose' book yesterday and started reviewing the basic food combination guides and meal ideas. I want to be raw vegan until dinner most days with one day being a juice feasting day. I know what I need to do: a food plan. I need to write down what I'm going to eat the the day before. Even Oprah was doing this, not sure if she still is. So, we'll see how it goes.

Did you know: soy, peanuts and dairy are all mucous causing foods.
Goat milk/cheese is easier to digest than cow dairy products and there's even a raw cheddar style goat cheese that tastes like the cow cheese (Organic Valley is my fave). I don't get any mucous from goat's cheese.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ugh, the only thing I can think of when I think of dairy now is phlegm. Its so weird how after eating it for so many years, it completely grosses me out now.

I know exactly what you mean about doing better with a food plan, I am exactly the same way. Its great to try and eat intuitively and whatnot, but you still need SOME sort of plan so you have the right foods in the house.

And I'm glad to hear someone else can commiserate with my student teaching frustrations. I will finally be moving to a new placement tomorrow...a week and a half into the second cycle...ridiculous.