Friday, February 13, 2009

Someone wants me!

I got my first job offer post graduation. This is exciting. It's for an instructional position at a summer camp in Baltimore. I'd be teaching classical art based on artists. S can attend at a very reduced rate. However, the pay is low. What I don't receive in pay I would receive in experience and location. I'll be accepting this position, but not letting the ball drop entirely on the summer search. There is another camp that may be hiring soon and pays much more. I don't know what it costs to send a staffer's child, though.

I'm still involved in the interview process with a charter school. I had a phone interview, but I'm supposed to video tape myself teaching a class and I don't have a class. I don't know what they'll have me do. Maybe I'll be begging art teachers around here to let me use their students and video camera. Ugh.

1 comment:

mommaladybug said...

Congratulations on getting the job! It was so great to see you last week. I look forward to being able to hang out more when you move up here. Keep in touch! It's nice to have a mommy friend who's my age. :)