Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ahead of the game

As of Santa's arrival at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, it is the Christmas season. We haven't put our tree up yet, though we had intended to do so this weekend. We'll probably assemble it during the day tomorrow (yes, faux AND prelit) and decorate it when S gets home for school. I know many people finish Christmas shopping early and many finish the night before. I am usually shopping up till the week before Christmas for at least one or two things. This year, though, I'm done! Okay, I may pick up a few more little things to put in stockings, but the main presents are finished. I've even wrapped some of them. I also just addressed Christmas cards. Maybe ours will be the first to arrive at our friends' and families' homes. I do need a few updated address from my nomad friends who move so often. If you're one of them reading this, send me a message on facebook. I have picture cards this year! Fun! Snapfish made it so easy. I wasn't planning on doing them, but they sent me an email offer of 20 cards for 20 cents, so I did it. It ended up being about $7 with shipping. I need to do a big order of photos, though, because I haven't gotten any since Easter.

Here is our Thanksgiving tradition: taking a picture of the girls waving at Santa at the parade. This started when we didn't see Will's parents for Thanksgiving. I would take a pic of S and email it to them that morning. My FIL would print it out to have for the day. Here is this year's pic:

No comments: