Monday, September 15, 2008

They are dropping like flies

The students. They are getting sick. Mr. L, my cooperating teacher, is sick. He brought in sanitizing spray for the tables and chairs. I don't believe he washes his hands before he eats, though. I know I've forgotten a couple times, but now I am diligent. I also use sanitizing lotion in the classroom.

Today a teacher teased me by calling me "Lemon girl." I've been bringing lemons to school and squeezing them in my water bottle and adding Stevia to make lemonade. I started doing this last week when I thought I might be getting a cold. Turns out I enjoy the lemonade AND it gives me a vit. C boost. I've also been drinking juice in the morning made from 1 orange, 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 1 lemon, small bunch of romaine and/or kale, and 3 celery stalks. My palate is really adapting to the green taste. I was thinking "what will I do when I visit my parents at Christmas?" But then I remembered green smoothies. I use frozen (or fresh) fruit, like pineapple and blueberry and blend it with spinach and a little kale. I prefer the frozen fruit because it's icey and makes a nice smoothie.

So far, my health has made a turn around for the better. My digestion is awesome and my immune system seams to be much better. We'll see how well it holds up. I'm NOT getting a flu shot. I reacted terribly to my tetanus booster 1.5 years ago. Plus, it might not even work. Food will be my medicine this year.

1 comment:

saskia said...

4 hours a day for tv- we do ffy nights all the time- fend for yourself- no big deal- we eat fruit a lot to- but we don't want tv- haven't in months