Wednesday, August 20, 2008

When to stop shopping "Juniors section"

S and I went shopping this past Saturday. Upon entering the Junior's Department at JC Penney, I thought "When will I just stop shopping this section." I noticed a couple other women who appeared older than 30. "How does a woman realize she's too old to shop Juniors even if the styles fit?" I thought. Then I looked around and really took in the fashions. There was a big poster of Kimora Lee Simmons for her "Fabulosity" line. That's when I realized THIS is how I know I have to stop shopping Juniors sections. The styles were so hip hop and 80s retro. It's just weird to have been a kid in the 80s and see teens wearing it now. I can relate to liking "retro" styles, but I shopped Good Will, not department stores, for my 70s finds.

I am certainly "Misses Section" gal. Goodies actually has an "Updated Misses" section in addition to the regular Misses section which has the "old lady clothes." You know , the cotten pant/sweater combos. Yuck.

No comments: