Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We're Well!


Oh My GOSH! We are well! It feels sooooo good. I was sick for soooo long. I am taking vitamins regularly and drinking DanActive and eating Activia and back to eating salads and washing my hands more. I do not want to be sick again for a long time.

We had a nice trip in MD visiting family. Took the girls to the Baltimore Aquarium. I believe they enjoyed it. I did. I love that place. I wanna go back without them actually. W and I got to go when G was born. The Ronald McDonald House had membership we could use for free. We didn't know that when Savanna stayed there with us. W and I went the day before bringing little G home. There's my big girl looking at Nemo cleaning himself on an anemine or whatever it is.

I'm really getting into the idea of moving back to Maryland. It's just fun to gather lots of information and imagine different scenarios. W planted the seed with his parents that we are looking to move... eventually. We have 2 more years of living in their house before they move in. W and I graduate December. We could theoretically work a year and a half before moving. I would LOVE to hire a moving company this time around. Basically I feel like we HAVE to because we have too much shit. It took two trips and two different rented trucks to move to NC from MD before. It also SUCKED. So, it'd be nice to work here for a while and save up the money for the move and make sure we have cash at hand for unknown expenses involved in relocating. See, teachers get paid $27,000 here. It's not terrible for the cost of most things here... except housing. Housing prices are high here. There are some good finds, though. Teachers in Balt. Co. get $42,000 to start and $39,000+ in the City. Besides there are other counties we could live in up there... like Frederick or Anne Arundel... I am falling in love with the idea of living in the city, or at least on the outskirts. The housing market is pretty good up there. The other incentive to move to MD? UNIVERSITIES. I do not want to move further south to go to school and I do not want to commute over an hour to VA. I want to go to start my graduate degree within 3 years of graduating. I'm currently looking at MICA as a good choice. It has an Art Ed. degree program that is two summers surrounding one school year. It's probably pretty intensive seeing that by graduation you publish a thesis and present it as well as presenting studio work, but it's shorter than 2 years for a M.Ed. degree from a really good ART SCHOOL! Our last reason for moving, jobs. My career is very limited here. I'd be a teacher and that's it. I see myself getting into other venues as well as teaching, like publishing, or arts councils, or city arts programs, or ed programs in art museums. There aren't those resources here in little ole E-shity (as the teens like to say). But there are in more urban environments and, as I said before, I don't want to move to Raleigh to get those things.

Look how tired my girls were after we went through the whole aquarium. That place is big. At least there are plenty of "people movers," though. Kids loved those. (And so did I. They're cool!)

No comments: