Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Idea for Children's Book

When I was 2, mommy and daddy said I would be getting a new little brother or sister. I watched my mommy’s tummy grow big. One day she said, “It’s a girl! You’ll have a little sister!” Mommy was very excited. I didn’t know what to think. Then daddy had to take mommy to the hospital and I stayed with grandma. Grandma said, “In a couple days your little sister will be coming home.”
My sister did come home and it wasn’t so bad. “Little G.R.” we called her. She didn’t do much except cry and eat and have to be held a lot. I helped mommy take care of her and watched her grow and grow. One day she was able to sit up on her own. She was able to play with toys, so I brought some to her. Soon, she was walking. She took her first steps to ME! Soon, she was talking. She spoke to ME! She called me “Wanna,” instead of S. I didn’t mind. I was proud to tell everyone G.R. was my baby sister. When G didn’t want to eat dinner, I was the only one who could get her to eat. Mommy said I was a great big sister.
After G and I were good friends, I had to go to school. I was excited, but I was also nervous. I thought I would miss my mommy, my toys, and my sister. G gave me a big hug goodbye on my first day of school. She gave me a big hug when I came home from school. G wanted to play with me right away, but I was tired from my long day at school. I told her to leave me alone for a while. G wasn’t happy about that. Mommy told her to wait a while for me to rest. After a little TV time, I found G sitting in her room playing. I joined her. That made her happy.
At bedtime, G and I help clean up toys. We get in our PJs, brush our teeth, and read books with Mommy. G always has to give me a big hug before bed. Sometimes she has to give me a kiss too.
On Saturday we get to stay in our PJs. I love Saturdays because I get to stay home and play with my sister all day. We make tents in the living room. We play dress-up. We play restaurant. We lie on the couch and watch a movie. We color. We have a great time all day, except when we argue. We always figure out a way to get along again. Having a little sister has made my family great. I wouldn’t want to go a day without her.

No comments: